CARE is a large 24hr multidisciplinary hospital based in the eclectic inner-city neighbourhood of Collingwood (3km from the CBD). The hospital is staffed with an outstanding team of veterinarians, nurses, and support staff. working alongside specialists in surgery, internal medicine, and emergency & critical care.
The centre is very well equipped with imaging (Siemens 16-slice CT, digital radiography, digital subtraction fluoroscopy, Phillips affinity and POC ultrasound machines, regular off-site access to 3T MRI imaging), critical care (6 new Menios oxygen cages, new Getinge Servo-u ventilator and newly created critical care suite), laboratory (Radiometer blood-gas machine, IDEXX Procyte haematology, Catalyst biochemistry and coagulation machines) and other equipment such as Olympus endoscopy and advanced anaesthetic monitoring.
Our centre enjoys a busy and varied load, encompassing a broad range of emergency and referral cases. Our hospital is committed to the continued development of the facility and its instrumentation, to ensure that contemporary and newly developed techniques and practices are available for our patients.
Melbourne is a vibrant 24-hour city affording access to an enormous array of dining, arts, shopping, cultural, and sporting activities. With friendly people, a great lifestyle, and endless leisure and entertainment opportunities, there’s much to love about this highly multicultural city. Residents of Melbourne enjoy a safe city, affordable healthcare, beautiful parks, world-class education, reliable infrastructure and transport, and a healthy environment. Melbourne regularly ranks among the top cities in the world for quality and lifestyle, and was voted the world’s most liveable city by the Economic Intelligence Unit for seven consecutive years.
CARE is based in the eclectic and progressive inner-city neighbourhood of Collingwood, just 2.7 kilometres from the geographical centre of the city CBD, and considered one of Melbourne’s top dining and bar-hopping areas. Influenced by its original industrial roots, Collingwood is an urban district rich in history and alternative culture, where you can’t turn a corner without stumbling upon a cosy pub, bohemian art gallery, or espresso bar. Smith Street, ranked “coolest street in the world” by Time Out in 2021, is within a 10min walk from the hospital doorstep.
A career at CARE provides:
- Generous remuneration and leave entitlements, well above industry averages.
- The excitement and challenges that come with our interesting and varied hospital caseload.
- Mentorship and opportunities for continuing professional development. Our dedicated clinical educator, Dr Sarah Haldane (registered specialist in small animal emergency & critical care), is employed to deliver in-house training and ECC case support. We also have a collegiate approach to case management amongst specialists and clinicians.
- A friendly and welcoming team of like-minded professionals. We are a supportive family-run clinic with an emphasis on achieving the best patient outcomes, rather than meeting rigid financial KPI’s.
- A workplace community that promotes employee wellbeing, satisfaction, and retention.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP), which provides free and confidential counselling on issues of work, finances, family, and everything in between.
- Great staff amenities, including complimentary snacks, beverages, and weekly deliveries of fresh fruit. Our break room is also equipped with a professional-grade espresso coffee machine, stocked with gourmet Allpress roasted coffee beans.
- Generous discounts on a range of hospital products and services.
- An easy commute to work, thanks to our close proximity to multimodal public transport (trains, buses and trams) and major arterial freeways (secure off-street staff parking available).
- A centrally located workplace in one of Melbourne’s most exciting lifestyle precincts.
- Thoughtfully prepared rosters that consider your well-being and work/life balance.
CARE is a progressive, equal-opportunity employer and we value diversity! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or age.
We regularly post our job vacancies on Kookaburra Vets, AVA CareerConnect, and Seek.
Vet Nurse Roles
- Emergency & Critical Care (ECC) Vet
If you would like us to keep your CV on file, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org